You have every right to protect your health and to enjoy the medical services guaranteed by the various medical services.
Admission of patients:
Patients can consult at the polyclinic directly (emergency), or be referred by the doctors for hospitalization.
At the reception you must take the complete identity of the patient (last name, first name, age) complete address (street, city number of the telephone) a person to contact if necessary.
The patient is a minor, we must take the identity of the guardian and his signature.
After filling out the complete information sheet, the patient’s name, the name of the attending physician and the room number must be written on the admission form. Before installing the patient in his bed is checked by the floor that the room is clean, bed made with new sheets, clean sanitary spaces, …
Once the patient is installed, we inform his doctor.
It is important to point out that Polyclinic is not responsible for the loss of your money or jewelry.
The patient in the service:
Each patient once admitted, one must make him a medical surveillance sheet, an expense sheet, or everything must be noted (drugs, radiological explorations, biological and extras).
The results of the para-clinical examinations must be claimed and put on file the same day.
Nurses must follow the visit with the attending physician and record all prescriptions in writing.
Nurses provide care, nursing, the application of medical prescriptions, they must inquire about the well being of patients, their comfort (hot room, air conditioning, telephone …), any remark or suggestion of patients must be transmitted to The direction.
Partially or totally handicapped patients require very particular attentive care.
Any abnormality or change in the patient’s condition (abnormal BP, dyspnea, etc.) should be reported immediately to the attending physician or the on-call physician.
It is strictly forbidden to give any non-prescribed medication without notifying the attending physician.
The exit of the patient:
The exit of the patients is decided by the attending physician, nevertheless it can be done by the patient himself who must obligatorily sign a discharge.
Before each outing, the nurse must ensure:
- Expenses sheet correctly completed.
- Prescriptions must be explained to the patient.
- If any of the patient’s medications have already been started, they must be delivered with an explanation of the dosages.
- The medical file must be stored and delivered to the patient or his entourage, apart from the surveillance sheets that are the exclusive property of the clinic, as well as the medical files.
- The exit of patients is before noon except exception.
- On discharge, the patient must justify a cashier’s receipt.
- The patient must be accompanied and assisted by a nurse to the door of the polyclinic.
The visit of the patient:
- The visit of the hospitalized patients is between 10am and 8pm.
- The visit is forbidden for children under 10 years old.
- Patients hospitalized in intensive care do not receive visits except by medical authorization and visitors must wear a gown, cap and boots.
There are 2 categories of patients, those who are covered by third-party insurance, and those who have to pay their bills directly.
- In the case of care, ensure the validity of the support, the ceiling amount mentioned, and there are items that are not supported (extras, VAT ….)
- The bill includes a clinical service component (stay, operating room fees ….) External drugs, analysis fees, exploration exams.
- Fees are not included in the bill, except for patients with comprehensive care.
- Payment is made in cash or by check and credit card.
- Rates are posted at the polyclinic.
- All records must be settled before discharge.
The staff :
- Respect of the schedule at the entrance and exit (clocking at the reception).
- Proper dress, clean, well-coiffed hair, shaved beard, must necessarily wear a clean white coat, with badge.
- Discipline: respect for the sick, work in silence, do not smoke in the premises of the clinic, it is forbidden to eat during working hours in the services (infirmary). a refectory is available for rest time.
- Transmission of instructions, make visits at the beginning of work and at the end, record comments and observations in writing.
Transfusion: is a medical act
- Before any transfusion, check the patient’s group sheet and blood vial group, record the number and origin of the vial.
- Make the compatibility tests at the bedside, have them approved by the laboratory.
- Note the name, first name, reason for transfusion and number of the vial on the transfusion book.
- During transfusion at the slightest problem, stop the transfusion and call the doctor.
There is a notebook of death or must be noted:
- Date, time and cause.
- The deceased patient must remain in his room for 2 hours before transferring to the morgue.
- Each death must be recorded by a doctor who must complete a death certificate in accordance with the general regulations.
Transfer of patients:
Inpatients can be transferred to another private institution or hospital. Each transfer must be noted in a notebook, with the date, the reason for the transfer and the conditions of transport (by ambulance or by its own means ….).
Respect for professional secrecy
The nature of the disease, the type of treatment, the causes of the confidential hospitalization, the non-respect of the medical secret entails administrative and penal sanctions ++.